COMPUTER & cyber sCIENCEs ACADEMY
Jump Start Your Education.
Accelerate Your Career Path
The Computer and Cyber Sciences Academy of Sioux Falls is an instructional partnership with Dakota State University (DSU). It allows high school students to take a single college course, or a series of college courses offered by The Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences at DSU.
This academy is designed to put you on an accelerated path towards university admission, while formulating an accelerated view on exciting and rewarding career opportunities. You’ll earn college credit while still in high school and save money on college tuition by taking dual credit courses. You’ll also work at your own pace and choose how many courses to take.
Programs from the Beacom College
of Computer and Cyber Sciences
- Three 12 credit certificates (Cybersecurity, Network Management, Software Engineering)
- Two associates degrees (Network/Security Administration, Software Development)
- Four bachelor’s degrees (Cyber Operations, Computer Science, Network and Security Administration, Computer Game Design)
We also offer several master’s degrees and doctoral degrees.
For more information, check out The Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences.
Student Eligibility Requirements
High school junior eligible to enroll in a high school in South Dakota, who meets one of the following requirements.
High School Juniors
High school junior eligible to enroll in a high school in South Dakota, who meets one of the following requirements:
- Earn an ACT composite score of 24 reflective of the 70% percentile; or,
- Rank in upper one-third of their graduating class; or
- Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 3.50 on a 4.0 scale
High School Seniors
High school senior eligible to enroll in a high school in South Dakota who meets one of the following requirements:
- Earn an ACT composite score of 21 reflective of the 50% percentile; or,
- Rank in the upper one-half of their graduating class; or
- Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale;
High School Juniors or Seniors
High School junior or senior eligible to enroll in a high school in South Dakota who meets all of the following undergraduate admissions requirements:
- ACT score of 18 (or 21 for USD & SDSM&T); and
- Successful completion of coursework
- Four Years of English
- Three years of advanced mathematics
- Three years of laboratory science
- Three years of social studies
- One year of fine arts
Qualify by Meeting an Assessment
To participate in the HSDC program, students must meet one of the requirements in Section 3 of these guidelines, or may qualify by meeting the benchmarks on one of the assessments below:
- 10th Grade ACT Aspire Summative Assessment (Score 434 or higher)
- Accuplacer (Sentence Skills – Score 86 or higher AND Elementary Algebra – Score 76 or higher)
Contact the SDPaSS Team
Let us help you on your career path today!